JOIN HANDS DAY
As a member of the American Fraternal Alliance, Catholic United is proud to participate in JOIN HANDS DAY, a national day of service. Fraternal benefit societies across the United States participate in a day of volunteerism that unites people both young and old. JOIN HANDS DAY service events involve activities that benefit local communities -- from serving food at homeless shelters to cleaning up local parks to tutoring children.
Ten JOIN HANDS DAY Events
you can do
Join millions of other fraternal society members by holding a JOIN HANDS DAY event or fundraiser. Stumped for ideas on how to hold a meaningful, energetic JOIN HANDS DAY event? Check out the list below from www.JOINHANDSDAY.org for suggestions on fun events that, with a little planning, can make a big impact.
- Visit hospitals or nursing homes with cards and reading materials for the patients.
- Paint and/or repair flagpoles and donate flags to organizations that need replacements.
- Host an afternoon homework help or reading tutor session for school children.
- Make meals and deliver them to shut-ins, the sick or needy.
- Host a job search day. Help unemployed people in the community with online job searches, resume proofreading and printing, and/or practice interviews.
- Collect old eyeglasses or cell phones for non-profit groups that recycle these items.
- Hold a child-oriented food/toy/book drive for local food shelves and shelters.
- Host a fishing, hunting or orienteering class to help young people appreciate the outdoors.
- Create a garden or monument memorial for veterans, police, firemen or other neighborhood heroes.
- Operate a free, “thank you” car wash for teachers at a local school in appreciation for their work.