A Roth Individual Retirement Annuity (IRA) is a retirement savings account that uses funds on which you have already paid taxes. Since the funds have already been taxed, qualified withdrawals are not taxed. See your tax advisor for advice about your specific situation.
Benefits of contributing to a Roth IRA
- No age limit to contributions
- Annual contributions can be made based on income thresholds
- Account grows tax-free
- Qualified withdrawals are not taxed
- Maximum annual contributions are $5,000 per year
- “Catch-up” contributions for those age 50 or over are possible, up to $1,000 per year
How do I get started?
Income restrictions apply to Roth IRA plans. Your Catholic United Sales Representative can explain the requirements of Roth IRAs to you.
Membership in Catholic United Financial starts after you purchase a product from us. Membership means aligning your finances to your faith, and:
- Making Catholic United grants and incentive programs possible
- Encouraging volunteer work
- Fundraising for Catholic parishes, schools and religious education programs
- Participating in the business decisions of a company that is member-owned and member-operated
*Catholic United Financial IRAs are Individual Retirement Annuities